Tuesday, June 26, 2012
An interesting article Who should be the architect in an agile project? made me think of summarizing the necessary and sufficient qualities of the architect suitable for the Agile jungles. As the
So far it looks like it should be the guy/gal who is:
1. Excitable enough to run along with the team recklessly avoiding architectural decisions.
2. Experienced enough to determine the moment when it's time to stop and make the decision.
3. Knowledgeable enough to steer the discussion towards better decisions.
5. Laid-back enough to accept decisions which may slightly differentiate from his/her personal choice.
6. Tedious enough to keep an eye on the dynamics of the technical debt